Bay Area

San Francisco

The City of San Francisco has compiled a master list of resources available to residents, which can be found here and is reproduced in part below. 

Eviction moratorium 
  • ​You cannot be evicted during the coronavirus outbreak, including for non-payment of rent, per Mayor Breed's March 13 order. The Mayor's Order also provides an extension to pay rent because of the impacts of the coronavirus.

    • The eviction moratorium is currently effective through June 21, 2020.

    • See the detailed guidance on the moratorium for landlords and tenants

    • Learn more on the city's website here (translations available in Chinese, Spanish, and Filipino). 

  • You have an extra month to work with your landlord on a payment plan and up to 6 months to pay your missed rent

    • If you need help reaching a payment plan with your landlord, contact the Conflict Intervention Services (CIS) of the San Francisco Bar Association. You can call them at 415-782-8940 or email
      • Check your lease for information on late fees or interest. 

      • Your landlord may charge you late fees or interest on your rent payments, but only if it is explicitly authorized in your lease.

      • Buildings funded by HUD are protected under a different eviction moratorium order. See more information on HUD’s moratorium.

Get guidance on working with your landlord

You can contact the following agencies if you have questions about how to notify your landlord or determining what documents will demonstrate financial impact:

Rent assistance

You can contact the following organizations about rental assistance in San Francisco:

Workforce Development
  • San Francisco's Office of Economic and Workforce Development maintains a list of resources for workers. 

  • A list of employers hiring during COVID-19 can be found here

  • Call San Francisco EDD Worker Information Line at 415-701-4817

EBT card replacement: 

Call (415) 558-4700 

  • Online: Apply for benefits, recertification and SAR 7 reporting at or For application assistance, visit to schedule an appointment with our partners at 211 San Diego.

  • By phone: Complete applications, recertification, and conduct interviews at (415) 558-4700

  • Online: Apply for benefits at

  • By phone: For information, call (415) 557-5100, 

  • Housing assistance: Still available by calling (415) 557-5100  or by visiting 170 Otis if the CalWORKs recipient does not have a phone.
    Please note that wait times may be longer than expected due to increased call volume. 

Child and Adult Protection
  • Report child abuse: Call (800) 856-5553,

  • Report adult abuse: Call (800) 814-0009,

County Adult Assistance Programs (CAAP)
Disability and Aging Services

For a full list of our expanded services, visit our COVID-19 Updates for Older Adults and People with Disabilities.

You can also call (415) 355-6700 or TTY (415) 355-6756 for all information and referrals for services, including:

  • Congregate meals and home meal delivery  

  • Community Living Fund

  • Community day centers and activities 

Employment Services and JobsNOW! (for job seekers and employers)
In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS)
  • Care Providers: Help with timesheet and payments, employment verification, overtime and travel time, and violations, call (415) 557-6200

  • Care Recipients: Help with recipient responsibilities, call your IHSS social worker

  • Applications and information: Email applications to or call (415) 355-6700

  • Care Provider orientations: Are now included in the online enrollment process.

  • eTimesheet trainings: All scheduled in-person sessions have been canceled. 

  • See all other IHSS updates.

  • Online: Apply for benefits and recertification at

  • By phone: Complete applications, recertification, and conduct interviews at (415) 558-4700.

Veterans Service Office
  • Applications and information: Call (415) 934-4200


Emergency food assistance: For groceries and meals, older adults and adults with disabilities can call our hotline (415) 355-6700, Others can visit the City's Get Food Resources webpage or call 3-1-1.